Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Welcome to the 2020 IIDA NC Honor Awards Online Entry!
Registration Requests due Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:59pm PST
Entry submissions due Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:59pm PST
2020 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The IIDA Northern California Chapter Honor Awards aims to encourage new ideas and techniques in the
design and furnishing of interior spaces. For our fourteenth annual awards, the Honor Awards program will
focus on recognizing and honoring outstanding interior design completed in the Northern
The 2020 Honor Awards is open to design firms of all sizes, focus, and interest practicing in the IIDA
Northern California region of Northern California. For entries from firms with
multiple offices, there must be substantial participation* by the regional office. There is no restrictions
on square footage, no limit to the number of projects that can be entered and projects can be
located anywhere in the world. Individual projects can only be entered once in any one. Nonawarded
projects submitted in previous years may be reentered as long as they still meet all other
requirements. Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
*Substantial participation is constituted by 85 percent of the project team being located within the IIDA Northern
California Chapter territory.
Submissions will be judged for suitability to the project challenge, originality of the design solution, and
the successful integration of interior forms, finishes and furnishings. From the qualifying entries, one Honor
Award will be awarded in each category.
LIVE: anyplace we call home
homes, condominiums, townhouses, apartments, mobile homes or houseboats (full or partial
WORK: corporate workplace environments
• Work Small: projects under 20,000 useable square feet
• Work Medium: projects over 20,000 useable square feet and under 75,000 useable square feet
• Work Large: projects over 75,000 useable square feet
PLAY: where we entertain ourselves
Hotels, Restaurants, Theaters, Spas, Casinos, Stores, Showrooms, Malls, Tasting Rooms, Sports Arenas
SERVE: where we meet
Public spaces, Libraries, Schools, Non-Office Governmental, Transportation Centers, Places of Worship,
HEAL: where we flourish
Hospitals, Medical Facilities, Clinics, Assisted living, Laboratories.
• One project in any category chosen by the jury with an emphasis on improving the physical space’s
impact on society, including but not limited to occupant well-being, historic renovation,
improved project process and pro-bono.
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
• One project in any category chosen by the general public through online voting.
WOW! BEST OF SHOW AWARD
• One project chosen by the jury to exemplify the best overall design of the entries.
THE LONG VIEW AWARD
• The award marries sustainable design with the IIDA Northern CA Chapter theme for 2019 - “Design for the Future”. This new award will replace the ‘Against the Odds Award’ of years past. In accordance with the 2019 theme, the jury will be looking for projects that design with the future in mind and an emphasis on timeless design and minimal environmental impact. (On the submission form there will be additional information required.)
(NEW THIS YEAR) THE CRAFT AWARD
• This new award honors the work of the makers in our community. The Craft Award will honor an outstanding creative collaboration between the designer and craftsperson/fabricator. Entrees may include but are not limited to such functional or decorative elements as ceilings, stairways, wall treatments, work settings, furniture and lighting. The entire project will be entered into the appropriate category. The presentation of one custom element of the project to be considered for the Craft Award will be optional and a written description and image files will be submitted for consideration from the jury.
Winners will be publicly announced at the Awards Celebration. Additionally, winners will be featured
on IIDA NC’s website. The celebration will be held at the Fox Theater in Oakland on April 2nd, 2020.
USE OF SUBMITTALS
The project materials become the property of the IIDA NC Chapter. IIDA NC will use images from all
submitted projects in multimedia presentations at the Honor Award event, IIDA NC's website & social
media sites. IIDA NC reserves the rights to use the submissions for publicity and public relations.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS *
Confidential Entry Form: Lists all Design Firm, Client & Team information and acknowledges IIDA NC
use of submission information and images as outlined.
Project Statement: Include client objectives, design program, square footage, and any other
information the design team feels is relevant to the solution.
Client Consent Form: Consent form from the client acknowledging the entry of their project for the
2020 Honor Awards Program.
Client Statement (optional): Optional statement from the client discussing the client’s perspective
on their experience with the design team as well as the success of the process.
Project Images: Provide a minimum of three and a maximum of ten digital images.
Floor Plan: With each image keyed to the plan.
Submissions will be entered online at https://iidanc.secure-platform.com
IIDA Members: $225 Non-IIDA Members: $350
Questions? Email: email@example.com