Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Welcome to the 2021 IIDA NC Honor Awards Online Entry!
Registration requests due Wednesday, February 24, 2021 11:59pm PST
Entry submissions due Wednesday, April 14, 2021 11:59pm PST
2021 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The IIDA Northern California Chapter Honor Awards aims to encourage new ideas and techniques in the design and furnishing of interior spaces. For our fifteenth annual awards, the Honor Awards program will focus on recognizing and honoring outstanding interior design completed in the Northern California Chapter.
The 2021 Honor Awards is open to design firms of all sizes, focus, and interest practicing in the IIDA Northern California region of Northern California. For entries from firms with multiple offices, there must be substantial participation* by the regional office. There is no restrictions on square footage, no limit to the number of projects that can be entered and projects can be located anywhere in the world. Individual projects can only be entered once in any one. Nonawarded projects submitted in previous years may be reentered as long as they still meet all other requirements. Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2018. *Substantial participation is constituted by 85 percent of the project team being located within the IIDA Northern California Chapter territory.
Submissions will be judged for suitability to the project challenge, originality of the design solution, and the successful integration of interior forms, finishes and furnishings. From the qualifying entries, one Honor Award will be awarded in each category.
LIVE: anyplace we call home
homes, condominiums, townhouses, apartments, mobile homes or houseboats (full or partial renovations acceptable)
WORK: corporate workplace environments
• Work Small: projects under 20,000 useable square feet
• Work Medium: projects over 20,000 useable square feet and under 75,000 useable square feet
• Work Large: projects over 75,000 useable square feet
PLAY: where we entertain ourselves
Hotels, Restaurants, Theaters, Spas, Casinos, Stores, Showrooms, Malls, Tasting Rooms, Sports Arenas
SERVE: where we meet
Public spaces, Libraries, Schools, Non-Office Governmental, Transportation Centers, Places of Worship, Museums
HEAL: where we flourish
Hospitals, Medical Facilities, Clinics, Assisted living, Laboratories.
(For each of the following additional awards enter the project selecting the most appropriate category above. Supplmental information may be required)
• One project in any category chosen by the jury with an emphasis on improving the physical space’s impact on society, including but not limited to occupant well-being, historic renovation, improved project process and pro-bono.
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD • One project in any category chosen by the general public through online voting.
WOW! BEST OF SHOW AWARD
• One project chosen by the jury to exemplify the best overall design of the entries.
THE LONG VIEW AWARD
• The award honors sustainable design. The jury will be looking for projects that design with the future in mind and an emphasis on timeless design and minimal environmental impact. (On the submission form there will be additional information required.)
THE CRAFT AWARD
• This award honors the work of the makers in our community. The Craft Award will honor an outstanding creative collaboration between the designer and craftsperson/fabricator. Entrees may include but are not limited to such functional or decorative elements as ceilings, stairways, wall treatments, work settings, furniture and lighting. The entire project will be entered into the appropriate category. The presentation of one custom element of the project to be considered for the Craft Award will be optional and a written description and image files will be submitted for consideration from the jury.
(NEW THIS YEAR) THE LEMONADE AWARD
• 2020 was perhaps the most challenging year of our lives as designers. Many of us put projects on hold, lost work, lost staff and saw our output diminished to a point where we didn’t have much to photograph, if anything at all. Even so we were busy pivoting, scrambling, and helping our neighbors. This one time award is for anything your firm did to help your community, keep your spirits up, keep the open sign on your door or otherwise get through the days/weeks/months!
Winners will be publicly announced at the Awards Celebration. Additionally, winners will be featured on IIDA NC’s website. The celebration will be held virtually this Summer, date TBD.
USE OF SUBMITTALS
The project materials become the property of the IIDA NC Chapter. IIDA NC will use images from all submitted projects in multimedia presentations at the Honor Award event, IIDA NC's website & social media sites. IIDA NC reserves the rights to use the submissions for publicity and public relations.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS *
Confidential Entry Form: Lists all Design Firm, Client & Team information and acknowledges IIDA NC use of submission information and images as outlined.
Project Statement: Include client objectives, design program, square footage, and any other information the design team feels is relevant to the solution.
Client Consent Form: Consent form from the client acknowledging the entry of their project for the< 2021 Honor Awards Program.
Client Statement (optional): Optional statement from the client discussing the client’s perspective on their experience with the design team as well as the success of the process.
Project Images: Provide a minimum of three and a maximum of ten digital images.
Floor Plan: With each image keyed to the plan.
Submissions will be entered online at https://iidanc.secure-platform.com
IIDA Members: $225 Non-IIDA Members: $350
Questions? Email: email@example.com